Imagine yourself paddling through the warm, clear, waters of the Mediterranean off the scenic coastline of the Ionian Islands. These islands were settled by the Greeks as early as 1200 BC and served as the home (Ithaca) to Odysseus in the epic Greek poem The Odyssey . This relaxing paddle adventure is filled with picturesque villages, rich history and culture, down to earth hospitality, azure waters, and a lot of delicious Greek foods. Spend your days paddling, snorkeling, swimming, and visiting the local sights and villages. Your evenings will be a mix of beach camping with the requisite campfires, barbecues, and storytelling. There will be the occasional comfortable Inn when we aren’t “roughing it”. After our adventure is over, we will spend a day in Athens seeing some of the major cultural sights.
- The Ionian Sea/ Mediterranean Sea/ Western coast of Greece
- Kayaking the coastlines of Kefalonia and Ithica Islands within the Ionian Islands.
- Athens, Greece
- You must be at least 15 at the start of the event
- You must be able to swim
- You must have a sense of adventure and an interest in exploring the Greek culture both by kayak and walking
- You must have a valid US passport that does not expire within 6 months of departure
June 20 - 29, 2018, $3750
Must be 15 -18 years old at the time of event
All technical gear will be provided. You’ll receive a detailed packing list upon registration.
A $200 deposit will be due immediately upon acceptance to this event. (It's part of the event fee, not in addition to it.) ATS has scholarship opportunities available! Contact ATS for more information or download the form off the website. Specific flight numbers, times, and airport details will be provided when we send out a detailed packet upon acceptance.